Novus Corporate HQ
St. Charles, Missouri
- Concrete Strategies performed the foundations and flatwork packages for this 48,000-square-foot addition to this corporate office and research facility.
- This building included a slab on grade with multiple elevations including sloping floors, trench drains and curbs. The main office building addition included round concrete columns, formed perimeter walls, structural slabs at the second floor and roof deck.
- The main office building addition included formed perimeter walls through use of Symons forms and the majority of the structural concrete was either pumped or conveyed with a ready mix/convey or truck.
- In designing the courtyard fountain, the architect chose to create a fountain based upon the Novus logo, which was poured using a 4000 psi P-Gravel mix with some sections as thin as 1” wide.
- A 6′ tall x 50′ long entry sign with engraved “Novus” letters was also constructed completely out of concrete. In order to eliminate the seams and tie holes, which typically occur in a cast in place wall, CSI chose to pour a casting, bed and form the entry signs as tilt up panels which were later lifted and set on the footing.
- Concrete Council of St. Louis – 2009 Quality Concrete Award